In summer, you can see wildlife everywhere. You don’t have to go far, your garden is a great place to start looking. Here are some of the things you can see.
- Swallows, Swifts and House Martins are all back from migration, can you tell the difference?
- Look out for baby birds which could have fledged, but do not disturb them.
- Look out for butterflies, especially Chalkhill Blues, a local speciality.
- Join in the nationwide big butterfly count.
- How many different types of pollinators you can find in your garden?
- How many different types of bumblebees you can identify?
- How many different types of ladybirds can you find?
- Have a go at finding and identifying Shieldbugs on bushes.